Netflix has become a go-to option for streaming shows and movies thanks to its massive library of content. The streaming service is top-rated, and 37% of internet users access it regularly.
Let’s take a closer look at how Netflix prices differ between Australia, the US, and the UK.
How Much Does Netflix Cost in Australia?
Netflix is the top streaming service in Australia, with 48% of Australians above 14 using Netflix. In addition, the number of households with a Netflix Australia subscription increased by 50% between 2019 and 2020.
Users can get a basic subscription for 10 AUD per month, a standard subscription for 15.99 AUD a month, or a premium plan for 19.99AUD a month.
Netflix Cost Australia vs USA and UK
Netflix offers a similar experience around the globe, but there are differences in the library of content available since Netflix secures streaming rights specific to each country. There are also some differences in costs.
The Netflix cost in Australia is different from what other users pay around the globe because the streaming service market is different in each country.
There are different competitors, and attitudes toward replacing a cable subscription with a Netflix plan differ.
Here is a comparison of the Netflix Australia price with other countries in Australian Dollars:
- A basic plan costs 10.99 AUD in Australia, 12.05 AUD in the US, and 11.14 AUD in the UK.
- A standard plan costs 15.99 AUD in Australia, 18.76 AUD in the US, and 18.57 AUD in the UK.
- A premium plan costs 19.99 AUD in Australia, 24.12 AUD in the US, and 26.01 AUD in the UK.
We also compared the Netflix cost Australia with other countries in US Dollars:
- In Australia, users pay 8.20 USD for a basic plan, 11.93 USD for a standard subscription, and 14.91 USD for the premium option.
- American users can get a basic plan for 8.99 USD a month, a standard plan for 13.99 USD a month, and a premium plan for 17.99 USD a month.
- In the UK, Netflix costs 8.30 USD a month for a basic plan, 13.85 USD for a standard plan, and 19.39 USD for a premium plan.
Here is how the Netflix Australia subscription price compares to other countries in British pound:
- Australian subscribers pay £5.91for a basic plan, £8.60 for a standard subscription, and £10.75 for a premium plan.
- American subscribers spend £6.90 for a basic plan, £9.97 for a standard plan, and the premium option costs £12.28 a month.
- Netflix users have to spend £5.99 for a basic plan, £9.99 for a standard plan, and £13.99 for a premium plan in the UK.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Netflix cost in Australia 2021?
Netflix initially costs AU$10.99 per month. The standard subscription plan is available for AU$15.99 per month. If you are interested in buying a premium subscription, you will have to pay AU$19.99 per month.
How much does it cost to join Netflix 2021?
Aussies can join the Netflix basis plan for AU$10.99/m. and the standard plan for AU$15.99/m. However, for the Netflix premium subscription plan, you will have to pay a little more, i.e. AU$19.99/m.
What is the difference between Netflix Standard and Premium?
The Netflix standard subscription plan is relatively cheaper at AU$15.99/m than premium (AU$19.99/m). Which standard subscription plan you can watch Netflix on two screens simultaneously, whereas premium plan offers you four screens.
Similarly, a standard subscription plan allows you to download your favourite movies and shows on two devices. In contrast, the premium plan offers the same service on four devices.
How Much Does It Cost to Get Netflix on Your TV?
You can watch Netflix on your TV at no additional cost if you have a subscription. However, keep in mind that a basic plan lets you watch Netflix on one device, a standard plan lets you watch Netflix on two devices, and you will need a premium plan to watch on four devices at once.
How Much Does Netflix Cost Per Month?
The Netflix cost per month depends on where you live and which plan you choose. For example, the Netflix cost in Australia ranges from AU$10.99/m to AU$19.99/m, while US users have to spend between $8.99 9 and $17.99.
What Are the Netflix Plans?
Netflix offers three different subscription options. The basic plan (AU$10.99/m) lets you watch content on one device and doesn’t include HD or UHD content.
The standard plan (AU$15.99/m) lets you watch on two devices and includes HD content.
In contrast, the premium plan cost is slightly higher at AU$19.99/m. However, it includes HD and UDH content and allows you to watch content on four devices simultaneously.