Some actors have become pillars of the movie industry in India, and this list is incomplete without a well-known actor and TV presenter, Jr. NTR, as he is popularly known. In this article, we’ll be taking a peek at his bio, relationship, net worth, assets and income.
Jr. NTR has established himself as a top actor in the Bollywood movie industry.
Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao, popularly known as Jr. NTR, was born on the 20th of May, 1983, in Hyderabad. He was born to the late Nandamuri Harikrishna, a Telugu film actor, politician and Shalini Bhaskar Rao.
Jr. NTR was formerly named Tarak, but due to suggestion from his grandfather, a prominent politician (Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh) & Telugu actor, it was changed to the name we all know now, N.T Rama Rao.
From a young age, Jr. NTR was exposed to acting and the Indian movie industry, making waves in the industry as a child. Jr. NTR finished his High School education at Vidyaranya High school, Hyderabad, and college from St. Mary’s College, Hyderabad. Hence, N.T Rama Rao is well versed in Kuchipudi dance.
As far as siblings go, the actor has two half-siblings: Nandamuri Kalyan Ram, his half-brother, a film actor/producer, and a half-sister Nandamuri Suhasini.
On the 26th of March 2009, Jr. NTR was involved in a car accident while coming back from an electoral campaign. For recovery, the actor sustained injuries and was taken to Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Secunderabad.
Jr. NTR got married to Lakshmi Pranathi on the 5th of May, 2011. The pair is blessed with two lovely sons, Nandamuri Bhargav Ram and Nandamuri Abhay Ram. Career
Jr. NTR started acting at a young age and starred in his first Telugu movie, “Brahmarshi Vishwamitra”, in 1991. He then went on to play another role as Rama in Gunasekhar directed mythological film “Ramayanam” in 1996, winning the National Film Award for Best Children’s Film.
Jr. NTR had his next movie debut in 2001 as lead actor in “Student No.1”, where he starred alongside a lead female actor, Gazala Shaikh Khan, popularly known as Gajali. Even though production took longer than anticipated, it later emerged as a whopping success.
Before his successful movie in 2001, in that same year, he previously had a lead role in the film, “Ninnu Choodalani”, which was a complete failure. Jr. NTR has acted in 32 movies and six television series.
Amongst other films including “Subbu” (2001), “Allari Ramudu” (2002), “Simhadri” (2003), “Samba” (2004), “Narasimhudu” (2005), “Ashok” (2006), “Jai Lava Kusa” (2017) and the most recent film “RRR” in which he acted in this year 2022. He also has TV programs like “Bhakta Markandeya” (1996), “Dhee 2” (2008), “Dhee 10” (2018), to mention a few.
Brief Summary of Awards and Achievements
- CineMAA Awards(2002), won Best Actor – Male
- Santosham Film Awards(2003), won Best Young Performers Award
- FNCC Awards(2003), won Best Actor – Telugu
- Gemini TV Awards(2007), won Best Actor – Telugu
- 1st IIFA Utsavam(2015), nominated for Best Actor – Telugu
- Mirchi Music Awards South (2016) won Star As A Singing Sensation – Telugu
- Zee Cinema Awards (2016), won King of Box Office
- 6th South Indian International Movie Awards(2016), nominated for Best Playback Singer (Male) – Kannada
These are just some selected awards for which he has won or received a nomination. Jr NTR has won 16 awards and was nominated for 22 others since his career picked up.
Income & Net Worth
Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao Jr l., having been in the work field for a long time, had accumulated a decent amount of assets and income. Jr. NTR, as of 2022, is stated to have his net worth at sixty-six million dollars ($66 million). His annual salary is about 18 to 20 Crore Indian rupees which is approximately $2,344,995 to $2,605,550.
Nandamuri Taraka has about five cars, three of them going for $592,762.62, while the other two accumulated $164,384.15. He also has assets in real estate both in a prime locality in Jubilee hills, Hyderabad and Bangalore. The house in Jubilee hills is worth 30 Crores Indian rupees, and that is where he resides with his family.
Other sources of income include his endorsements. Recently, Jr. NTR penned a brand ambassador deal with Parle Agro’s: Appy Fizz, one of the leading Indian beverage companies, Celekt Mobiles, Malabar Gold, Himani Navratna Hair Oil & Talc Powder, Zandu Balm, Boro Plus Powder, IPL, and OTTO. Jr. NTR is also featured in the top Celebrity 100 list and ranked 28th as of 2018.
- Sudesh Lehri Net Worth 2022 – Income, Salary, Cars, House, Bio
- Natasha Aughey Net Worth 2022 – Income, Weight, Age, Wiki, Bio
- Iain Armitage Net Worth 2022 – Income, Salary, Career, Bio
- Asher Angel Net Worth 2022 – Income, Salary, Career, Bio
- Kayla Itsines Net Worth 2022 – Income, Salary, Career, Height, Bio
- YG Net Worth (Rapper) 2022 – Income, Salary, Career, Age, Bio
- Ja Morant Net Worth 2022 – Income, Salary, Height, Career, Bio
Our Indian TV darling is doing well for himself and continuing in the established line by his father and grandfather. We hope to see more from Jr. NTR as he continues to top the charts of Indian movies.
Does JR NTR have siblings?
- He has two half-siblings by the name Nandamuri Kalyan Ram and Nandamuri Suhasini.
Does he have any political ambitions?
- In 2009, he went on a campaign with the Telugu Desam party but not much on that since his accident.